Wells Conference on Adoption Law: March 14, 2013
The National Center for Adoption Law and Policy, in collaboration with Capital University Law Review, is pleased to sponsor the 9th Annual Wells Conference on Adoption Law: Rethinking Best Interests. Each year the Wells Conference attracts respected professionals and academics who are pioneers and innovators in the fields of child welfare and adoption law.
Date: March 14, 2013
Time: 8:45 am - 4:30 pm
Capital University Law School
303 East Broad Street
Columbus Ohio 43215DirectionsVisitor Parking InformationREGISTRATION 2013 Agenda
The 2013 Wells Conference will explore issues and conflicts that arise in various contexts when determining the best interests of a child and consider innovative ways of resolving those issues. Our speakers and topics this year include:
The New Face of Family and Children’s Best Interests
• Annette Appell, Professor of Law and Co-Director of the Civil Justice Clinic, Washington University Law
• Cynthia R. Mabry, Professor of Law, Howard University School of Law
• Lynne Marie Kohm, John Brown McCarty Professor of Family Law, Regent University School of Law
• Mellisa Holtzman, Associate Professor, Department of Sociology, Ball State University
Assisted Reproduction Technology and Children’s Best Interests
• Angela Upchurch, Professor of Law, Capital University Law School
• Denise Bierly, The American Academy of Adoption AttorneysThe Indian Child Welfare Act and Children’s Best Interests
• Marcia Yablon-Zug, Associate Professor of Law, University of South Carolina School of LawRepresentation of the Child and Children’s Best Interests
• Megan Chaney, Director of Clinical Programs and Experiential Learning and Associate Professor of Law, University of Laverne College of Law
• Garry I. Bevel, American Bar Association Center on Children and the Law 6.0 CLE and Social Work Counselor and Social Worker Continuing Education credit hours are requested.
We hope that you will join us!
$75.00 - Attorneys Seeking CLE credit
$60.00 - Government/Non-profit Attorneys Seeking CLE credit
$40.00 - All others
Click here to register.
For questions about the conference, please contact:Denise St. Clairdstclair@law.capital.edu
National Center for Adoption Law & Policy Capital University Law School
Find us on:
See more services