This guide identifies the basic online and print resources used for researching Ohio administrative law. All print resources mentioned are available at Capital University 's Law Library.
Ohio Administrative Code
The Ohio Administrative Code publishes the final regulations of Ohio executive agencies. The arrangement is by agency.
• In Print: Law Stacks Ohio Materials, 4 th floor, paper, most recent edition with supplement. Published by Thomson Reuters/West. KFO 35 1976 .A23
• Online: http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/ : Available in html format only, current year only. Click “home” to check date of most recent update. Published by LAWriter © .
Ohio Monthly Record
The Ohio Monthly Record publishes final regulations of Ohio executive agencies approved since the publication of the print edition of the Ohio Administrative Code . The Ohio Monthly Record is published monthly July through June. It is arranged chronologically and then by agency.
• In Print: Law Stacks Ohio Materials, 4 th floor, paper. KFO 35 .A4M6
Register of Ohio
The Register of Ohio publishes both proposed and recently adopted final regulation of Ohio executive agencies. It provides public notice and information about state agency rule-making proceedings, including notices of public hearings. Documents published in the Register of Ohio include the text of proposed rules, final rules, no-change rules, and emergency rules. The Register of Ohio publishes the text of withdrawn proposed and final rules also.
• Online: http://www.registerofohio.state.oh.us/ : Available in PDF format from 2002 forward.
JCARR Weekly Reports
The Joint Committee on Agency Rule Review publishes the JCARR Weekly Reports. JCARR Weekly Reports list agency rules filed each week. The arrangement is by agency.
• Online: http://www.jcarr.state.oh.us/meetings/weekly-reports : Available in PDF format; the most recent twelve weeks are available.
Find us on:
See more services