The John E. Sullivan Lecture: History

  •  

    The John E. Sullivan Lecture was established in honor of Professor Emeritus John Edward Sullivan, a dedicated teacher and scholar who was appointed to the Law School faculty in 1953 and who also served as acting dean and academic dean during his tenure. The Sullivan Lecture is presented each academic year by a distinguished legal scholar who addresses a matter of significance to the Law School and to the greater legal community.

    The Sullivan Lecture Series is made possible through an endowment established by Herbert and Margith Kunmann, friends and benefactors of Capital University Law School. Their son, Edmond J. Kunmann, is a 1985 graduate of Capital Law School.

    The endowed lecture has attracted some of the nation’s leading legal scholars and practitioners, including Erwin Chemerinsky, Robert M. Cover, Lee C. Bollinger, Owen M. Fiss, Paul Carrington, Eleanor Holmes Norton, The Hon. Louis H. Pollak, Elizabeth Bartholet, G. Edward White, and Randy Barnett.