Office of Admission & Financial Aid Student Assistant
Job Description and Duties
Spring 2014 semester: Beginning January 2014 – May 2014
Work-study eligibility preferred*
Hourly Rate: $8.45
The Office of Admission & Financial Aid is hiring for an Admission Student Assistant. The person(s) selected provides general support to the Office of Admission & Financial Aid and works under the supervision of the Associate Director of Admission & Financial Aid, Chris Davis. The total number of hours worked per week is approximately 10-15 hours, Monday through Friday.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following qualities:
- A positive perspective of the Capital Law experience and enthusiasm for sharing personal experiences with prospective/admitted students and their families
- Friendly and outgoing
- Integrity, punctuality and dependability
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- The ability to take initiative to seek out assignments and work independently given departmental policies and guidelines
Job duties include:
- Leading tours of the law school
- Maintaining and updating the Office of Admission Facebook accounts
- Assist with marketing and mailings to future students
- Distributing financial aid checks
- Assist with walk-ins and general phone, front desk, and financial aid desk coverage
- Assist with data entry, scanning and other projects as assigned
- Assist with Admission Office events such as Open Houses and Information Sessions
- Internet research and special projects as assigned
*Student must sign a confidentiality agreement and be able to use discretion when dealing with sensitive information.
Preference will be given to students with availability from 11 am -3 pm and are work-study eligible.
*Please check with Pat Fitzpatrick, Financial Aid Office, to see if you are work study eligible.
Chris Davis, Assoc. Director of Admission & Financial Aid
Interested? Please e-mail a short statement of interest, resume, and hours of availability to:
Associate Director of Admission & Financial Aid