Legal Research & Writing I, A2
Fall Semester 2013
Required Texts and First Assignments
Legal Research and Writing I
- John C. Dernbach, et. al., A Practical Guide to Legal Writing & Legal Method (5th ed. 2013). ISBN: 978-0-7355-9189-9
- Amy E. Sloan, Basic Legal Research: Tools and Strategies (5th ed. 2012). ISBN: 978-1-4548-0847-3
- Amy E. Sloan & Steven D. Schwinn, Basic Legal Research Workbook (4th ed. 2011). ISBN: 978-0-7355-9454-8
- The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (19th ed. 2010).
- A One-Year Subscription to Core Grammar for Lawyers. I will provide specific information about this on-line product during Orientation.
Please carefully read:
Pages 1-19 in the Dernbach text; and
Pages 1-13 in Sloan, Basic Legal Research (the text book, not the workbook)