Contracts II, A
There are no new books for Spring Semester. We will continue to use:
- Kunz & Chomsky, CONTRACTS – A CONTEMPORARY APPROACH, ISBN 978-0-314-189996-7 (West 2010)
- Woodward & Zierdt, CONTRACTS SKILLS & VALUES, ISBN 978-1-4224-7067-1 (LexisNexis 2010)
- West's Selected Commercial Statutes, Carol L. Chomsky; Christina L. Kunz; Linda J. Rusch; Elizabeth R. Schiltz; ISBN-13: 9780314282552. If you purchase a used one, make sure that it has the 2010 amendments to UCC Article 9 in it, so that you can use it for “Secured Transactions” when you take it during your 2d or 3d year.
For the first week of class read:
1 – Jan. 7
Statute of Frauds: Scope of the Statute
- Problems on the “One-Year Provision
- Problems on Required Writings
- Owen v Hendricks
- Crabtree v. Elizabeth Arden Sales Corp.
Restatement 2d §§ 131, 133, 134, 136, 137;
UCC § 2-201
2 – Jan. 9
Statute of Frauds: Required Writings
Restatement 2d § 139
UCC § 2-201
3 – Jan 11
Interpreting Express Terms: Cannons of Construction
- Frigaliment Importing Co v. B.N.S. Int’l Sales
- Klapp v. United Ins. Group
UCC § 1-303;
 Submit a list of UCC 2-201 exceptions to the Statute of Frauds, with bullets for each element of each exception. This is one of Spring Semester’s four graded assignments that will each count as 5% of your grade for the course. Due Wednesday, Jan. 16.