Legal Drafting: Criminal, A
LAW 633-A Legal Drafting: Criminal
1. Bryan A. Garner, Legal Writing in Plain English: A Text with Exercises, University of Chicago Press (2001): ISBN 0-226-28418-2.
2. Tim O’Brien, In the Lake of the Woods, Penguin Books (1994): ISBN 0-14-025094-8. (Feel free to purchase this book anywhere cheap used paperbacks are found. You need not get the 1994 version of the paperback reprint. Any copy will do.)
For our first class,
- read Part 5 in the Garner text;
- do the Basic and Intermediate Exercises on pages 145 and 146;
- put your two opening paragraphs on a single sheet of paper;
- print off 4 copies of those paragraphs; and
- bring them to class for discussion.