John Beavers has been a practicing lawyer since 1972, including over 11 years as managing partner, with Bricker & Eckler LLP. Understanding the critical role governance plays in all organizations, Mr. Beavers established and directs Bricker & Eckler’s Counsel for BOARDS AND EXECUTIVES that counsels and represents governing boards, their committees and their executives regarding duties and responsibilities in providing direction and in overseeing matters critical to the success of their organizations.
His focus currently includes counseling and representing boards and their audit, compensation, nominating, governance, compliance, investment, and similar oversight committees for:
- Improving performance by auditing practices in light of best practices and benchmarking better practices • Building better boards by evaluating and adding expertise
- Raising the level of performance through board and management education, including simulations of possible events that a board and management may face
- Aligning executive compensation with the correct fundamentals consistent with pay-for-performance models
- Advising boards and committees through extraordinary events, including mergers and acquisitions, successions in management, government investigations, and internal reviews
- Preparing boards and management for mergers, acquisitions and other affiliations
Additional professional experience
Mr. Beavers was recognized recently by the National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies with its 2011 Service Award and as the 2010 Columbus, Ohio Corporate Lawyer of the Year by The Best Lawyers in America.